It was a dark and lonely night; A boy was walking very slowly on the dusty outskirt road. This was passing though lonely areas where people use talk about ghosts and horrible things. He was on the way to home from the church Bible Study Group; he had to pass this way.
While he was walking he was praying to Lord, he had much fear in his tiny heart. He had heard lots of horrifying stories of this place from his friends so he was much careful.
Now he felt that something is behind him so he pace his walk now he felt some more that whatever is coming to him has also very near. He almost started to run. He raise his speed more and more and when he was about to reach to home just few meters away he found big lamp post where it was full of light,
He reached there and found Jesus was standing over there with spread arms to
hug him.
Boy was not in a mood to hug Jesus in spite of that he was angry at him.
Boy said, “Jesus where were you?.. When I was in need… you were not there, I was running in the dark I prayed, you did not come and in the light you are there…”
Jesus said “I was there with you and walking with you, when you started to run I ran with you, but you did not see me, you prayed me that I should come and help and was there to help but you my boy looking forward on the road and did not looked at me that I was there for you…”
“…I WAS WITH YOU…”
This is just fiction in order to understand the truth that God is always with us. This illustration is useful in sermon of fear, encouragement, friendship, loneliness etc.

No comments:
Post a Comment